In today’s technological world we have the great privilege of expanding ourselves beyond the typical face to face interactions and our businesses beyond the store front. We have an even greater privilege of having the resources to learn how to do that in the most effective and convenient ways. From my own personal experience I find one of these ways is taking a social media marketing class. Whether it is online or in the classroom, I can promise that you will gain knowledge that you will take with you for a lifetime. After all, they do say knowledge is power.
Here are 5 reasons why you should sign up for a social media marketing class as soon as possible.
1) You learn about new and useful social media sites. So yeah you probably know about Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, but while taking a social media marketing course you will learn about all kinds of useful platforms. During my social media marketing course I learned about this really interesting email template creating website called Mail Chimp. I had never heard of the website before, but now I can’t get enough of it! I use it for making my mass emails lively and professional looking. It really comes in handy for my business promotions. Trust me a social media marketing course will force you to branch out from the Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube love triangle to benefit you in ways you never imagined.
2) You learn how to be consistent. In the business world especially consistency is important. During a social media marketing course you will be asked to post and check assignments on a regular schedule. It practically becomes routine. Yeah I know that does not sound like the funnest concept, but if you want to be a successful social media marketer, whether it is marketing yourself or a business, it is important to get in the habit of. One it gives consumers something to expect and two it helps with their engagement. Reputation is everything in marketing and by simply keeping consistent, you can begin to develop a positive and professional one.
3) You learn the do’s and don’ts of social media marketing. You may think that knowing how to log in and out of Facebook is all you need to know, but after taking a social media marketing class, you will find that to be quite the contrary. Social media is something that is apart of all of our lives. We have seen it done right and we have definitely seen it done wrong. Not mentioning the Kylie Jenner lip challenge or anything – cough, cough. Seriously though it is important to know how to conduct yourself online. From blog posts to tweets to Facebook statuses there is a correct way to do them.
4) All of your assignments are interactive and informative. Oh how this is such a nice change from dull and pointless busy work. During a social media marketing course you are always doing things on your favorite sites. Social media is something that is apart of all of our lives, so being able to do something that you are basically already doing is actually fun. The only thing different is that now you are learning how to do it correctly. Yippy!
5) You learn how to optimize. Ever wonder how certain websites appear at the top of your Google search? Or maybe how searches work at all? You will learn the epitome of optimization through a social media marketing course. After my course I have been able to successfully market my business products through Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and also much more. Before this class I had no idea what keywords or proper hashtags were. Now I’m an optimization professional. Sign up for a social media marketing class and you can be too.