Is your business going in the right direction? If so, then you are using Twitter as part of your marketing strategy. Twitter ranks number two in the top social media networking sites of 2015. With over 310,000,000 users, it is clearly a road to success – if you are and know how to use it to get there. Whether you are on or are not on Twitter, I am going to help you learn how to market on Twitter effectively.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Optimize your Twitter bio
Reputation is important for a business and your Twitter bio is part of it.
- Make sure that your tone is professional and consistent
- Include a link to company website and/or landing page
2. Know your target market and who influences them, and interact with them on a regular basis
As my previous blog post stated, Twitter tools can be essential for business success. They can help you manage your business and view the effects of it on your target market and competition.
- Use a Twitter tool like Topsy to find like-minded customers and competition by searching industry-related keywords.
- Make sure to follow your competition to see what they are up to
3. Get peers/colleagues involved
It is easier to build a reputation when you have more people on board. Get the people around you to engage with your business.
- Have them follow you on Twitter
- Make sure they’re retweeting and posting
4. Tweet regularly
Things that are more recent and active always appear more credible.
- Tweet consistently
- Tweet more than once a week (daily is recommended)
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for some Twitter love
Look it seems like a big question but you are not asking your followers to take your hand in marriage, just to follow you, so don’t get nervous about it – just ask.
- Ask followers to mention, retweet, and share your content
6. Track mentions — and respond if appropriate
You always want to know what is being said about you and your business, so make sure to pay attention.
- Look at the keywords being used
- Monitor postings and conversations to know how your business is doing and/or how to improve it
- ex. Someone post that they need an oil change and a service company could come in and state that they have a deal on oil changes so they should come in
Retweeting is a great way to improve brand awareness and rankings, so do it as often as you can.
8. Favorite tweets
Twitter isn’t just about your business. Letting other Twitter users know you are acknowledging them lets them know there’s a real person behind that computer screen. Plus if it’s anything like the old saying goes, “you get what you give.”
9. Follow trends/hashtags
As a business, you always want to make sure you’re up-to-date and constantly improving.
- Look up trending hashtags so you can make relevant connections to your business
10. Offer discounts or special deals to Twitter followers
People love deals.
- Run Twitter contests
- ex. The next ten people to retweet will receive a coupon for 50% off
11. Use images and videos
I cannot stress enough that media is effective. Things with media receive far more attention than text alone.
12. Use Promoted Tweets
This is a great way to reach your target audience.
- Make sure they don’t run too long
13. Make sure Twitter is integrated with your other marketing efforts
Social sharing is a sure way to increase awareness and rankings, both of which are vital for a business.
- ex. Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
14. Use Twitter analytics
You want to keep track of what is resonating with your target audience and what is not. Twitter analytics allows you to evaluate and maybe reevaluate your approach.
Related Article [14 Ways to Use Twitter to Market Your Business]
Remember this viewers: #TwitterMarket helps you target